Our fundamental approach changes:
- The inclination for students to try and memorize specific reactions without understanding how each works.
- The tendency for students to compartmentalize information.
- The difficulty of getting students to retain information in long-term memory.
- The inability of students to apply organic chemistry principles to reactions not covered in class.
- The tendency for students to show a poor understanding of how to apply fundamentals.
- The tendency for students to not develop or engage critical thinking and analysis skills.